Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rosemary-Lemon White Bean Dip


As Andrew was scarfing down the last little bit of our Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Hummus last night - I feebly protested (we just got it the day before and I only ate a little of it). I had veggies that needed hummus!!! He reminded me that we had white beans and I was capable of making my own. Oh, right. Home made bean dips.

So, today at lunch, while my beautiful mushrooms were staring at me saying "eat me, eat me with bean dip," I gave in. After a quick search on the blogosphere, I found a blogger who had made a Mark Bittman recipe,  Rosemary-Lemon White Bean Dip, quickly and successfully! Plus, I had all the ingredients, sort of. The recipe calls for the zest of two lemons, but I only had one lemon, minus the zest. I figured I could just substitute lemon juice for the zest.

The recipe can be found here.

I didn't follow it verbatum. I added a little cilantro and some red pepper flakes, and didn't use as much olive oil (or lemon zest). However, it was still pretty darn tasty! Next time I will probably try and use his exact recipe or experiment with a lime and cilantro bean dip. Either way, five minutes later I was bathing my mushrooms in a healthy, albeit non-hummus, bean dip.



Also!

As I was dropping Andrew off at Temple Ambler this morning I noticed a tree out of the corner of my eye that was bursting with red. Cherries! I confirmed with my friend Grace that they were available for picking and came back in the afternoon. Randi and I picked what ended up picking a pound of pitted fruit and she made it into a delicious cake.

She didn't want to blog about a recipe she had already posted, but I had to give her props, because it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... good!!! Plus free fruit!!! Yay!!!

Cherry Cake - Noms!

2 comments:

Randi said...

you're cute - i'm glad you liked the cake so much. it also made my tummy happy. i was thinking i would make some white bean dip to take to my parents house for father's day, so thanks for posting the recipe - though i don't have any rosemary, i'll probably monkey around and use something else. maybe i'll roast some garlic... yum.

Rob said...

Both recipes that you posted look great. Looking forward to trying the bean dip. It sounds like a great complement of flavors. Thanks again for posting them!

-Rob
Recipe Club

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...