Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Second Annual Post-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving


Last year my three best friends from college and I celebrated Thanksgiving a second time, as Christine was in England during actual Thanksgiving. We thought that it was too great of a meal to miss, so we re-created it for her. The dinner went exactly as we planned and it was a great way to make my favorite holiday even better. What could be better than delicious food paired with great company?

So, this year, we decided to start a tradition and had our 2nd Annual Post-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving. We invited a few more people and various significant others (we ended up having 13 people there!) and planned our meal. Randi and I were responsible for the turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, a few sides and some drinks. We farmed out the rest to appropriate party guests. Our grand menu included:

-Wine, Soda and Cider
-Veggie Platter
-Cheese and Crackers
-Rolls
-Turkey
-Cranberry Sauce
-Sausage, Apple and Walnut Stuffing
-Cornbread, Pine Nut and Chile Stuffing
-Squash
-Pearl Creamed Onions
-Green Beans
-Irish Potatos
-Pumpkin Pie
-Apple Pie
-Birthday Cake

If I am forgetting anything, I appoligize, but I thinks thats basically it. Everything was delicious!!! I was way more stuffed after this meal than my family Thanksgiving. We consumed about seven bottles of wine, I gave a little toast and we all told what we were thankful for.

This was a great event and something that I look forward to continuing for many years. If you attended, please post comments on how it was!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...